Personal Statement

Matt Fitzgerald

For the last year and a half I have been studying Computer Aided Drafting and Design at Clark College, Vancouver WA. I have learned many different software applications, but Autocad, Revit, Microstation, Rhinoceros, and Autocad Architecture have been my main course of study. I have always been interested in art and drawing. I am good with computers, like things to be accurate, and I pay attention to detail. Drafting seems to be a natural fit for me.

Working in the electronics field, I served in the Navy from 2001-2007. I spent six years working as a technician, where I did maintenance and repairs on the primary navigation equipment and HF radios aboard the USS Ingraham. I found that the Navy lifestyle was not for me so I finished my enlistment with an honorable discharge and moved home. After the Navy I found work as a diode technician. As a diode technician I built industrial lasers. As the economy took a down turn I was laid off and took the opportunity to continue my education and enrolled at Clark College. Recently I was called back to work by the company that laid me off and am now working there on a part time basis. I plan to work for an Architectural firm as a detailer/drafter upon completion of my CADD certificate. I will earn my certificate in December 2010.

Friday, July 23, 2010

Architectural Drafting w/ AutoCAD




No comments:

Post a Comment